LudoFriedChicken: A quick review
So I stopped by the LFC truck when they were @ LudoBites a few nights ago; this is probably the only truck I've been interested in.
We ordered 2pc chicken balls w/ fries as well as 2pc garlic/sesame wings
1. A nice take on the slaw - reminiscent of Skaf's cabbage salad. Has a slight kick in it due to sliced jalapenos, which I appreciated. A nice refreshing contrast to the fried chicken
2. Perfect fries, not so perfect. Yes they are well seasoned but not nearly crunchy enough
3. sesame wings - finger lickin' good. Better than Kyochon. Worth ~2.75/wing? Probably not.
4. Chicken balls - good, crunchy, moist and juicy...but kinda greasy and outrageously expensive.
5. Sauce - Tried the BBQ, honey mustard, and bernaise-style sauce. Bernaise was the definite winner of the bunch with the honey mustard being great for the fries. I'd buy jars of his sauce if I could.
6. Total damage was ~15 bucks with a drink. Me and the GF could probably each eat 4 balls, so we'd have to spend ~30 bucks to be "full" eating fried chicken. Glad I tried the place but 404 value not found.
Roving wildly, Los Angeles, CA
We happened to see the truck outside of Nijiya one night and tried the fried chicken. Didn't see what was so great about it. The sauces were tasty. Ludo's fried chicken was listed on LA Weekly's "99 things to eat in LA before you die." However, in LA I really don't think this is a top 99. I'd pick Honey's Kettle's or Kyochon first.
2600 E Alondra Blvd, Compton, CA 90221