December Birthday Dinner
I've just joined CHOWHOUND because I'm looking for a few places to hold my 24th birthday dinner this December. Suggestions?
- Downtown toronto for a group of 8 to 10 people coming by car and transit.
- Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night.
- I'm looking for one place that is affordable (some entrees <$25) to go with my friends that are still students.
- I'm looking for a second place that is upscale for my dinner with my boyfriend.
- I'm open to any cuisine. I really like Italian, Japanese, and Korean.
Thanks in advance everyone!
For the birthday, I would go to 7 West. It's not far from Yonge and Bloor, it has student friendly prices, and a great atmosphere. The only prob is that they don't take reservations, but they have three floors so I rarely run into any problems when I go with large groups.
7 Charles St W, Toronto, ON M4Y1R4, CA
I vote for Buca too. I recently had a birthday dinner there with my boyfriend and it was lovely food. The selection of cheeses and cured meats especially. The next time we go, we will order a selection of small plates rather than mains though.
604 King St. West, Toronto, ON M5V 1M6, CA