Man v. Food in NYC?
- matt5150 Nov 11, 2010 04:38 AM
Are there any Man v Food type eateries in NYC or the outer boroughs?
they went to buffalo cantina in williamsburg on havemeyer some time ago; the suicidal hot sauce for the wings is pretty ridiculously spicy.
Alright, alright. Here it is. Blue means I've eaten there. Green means it's on my todo list so I cannot attest to it being awesome, but I'm betting yes. I update this pretty often. Certain places are on here only because they are super cheap but not that amazing (such as Vanessa's on 14th). Enjoy!
In addition to the Brick Lane Curry House, Richman also went to...
* Katz's Delicatessen (Pastrami Sandwich, Corned Beef Sandwich, Rueben)
* Sylvia's Restaurant (Fried Chicken w/ Waffles, Spicy BBQ Ribs)
* Wafels & Dinges (WMD--Wafel of Massive Deliciousness, BBQ Pulled Pork Wafel)
* Amy Ruth's (The Rev. Al Sharpton--chicken & waffles)
* Rack & Soul (Squealer Challenge)
* La Fonda Boricua (Monfongaso)
I've been to Katz's...best pastrami I've ever had; the Rueben was good, not great. WARNING: Don't lose that stupid ticket...it'll cost you $50 if you lose it...and they have a cop at the door to make sure you pay!!!
In Brooklyn, he went to...
* L&B Spumoni Gardens ("The Square"--Pizza, Spumoni)
* Brennan & Carr (Gargiulo burger, Hot Beef Sandwich)
* Buffalo Cantina (Suicide Six Wings Challenge)
And in Long Island...
* Ciao Baby (Nonna's Old World Meat Platter)
* Nonna's Old World Meat Platter (Davy Jones' Locker Challenge)
* International Delight Café ("The World")