Any Jamaica Suggestions especially for Kingston
- lipoff Oct 23, 2010 04:20 PM
We will be in Jamaica for a few days, flying in and out of Kingston and will have a rental car, and don't mind driving for good food.
We are searching for a couple things:
(1) Any really special, fancy restaurants in Kingston.
(2) Any restaurants that we should not miss up to a few hours drive outside of Kingston?
(3) Any suggestions for "food tours" such as a coffee plantation?
(4) Any suggestions for markets to be sure to visit, especially for Jamaica sodas, other bottled soft drinks, and fruits?
Thanks so much!
I went a few years ago and had a good time. I recomend the Appleton Rum tour. Its really touristy but a great time.
If you can, pick up an older edition of the Rough Guide to Jamaica. There is an amazing restaurant, in a little inn, near Black River listed in there. It was by far the best food we had all trip. The place was owned by two sisters, I think. They cooked from scratch everyday. You can eat on their porch over looking the beach, or there is a gazebo on the beach you can eat at.
I will repost if I remember the name.