Need beer pairing suggestions for a sausage tasting
- blackbookali Oct 19, 2010 10:53 AM
The menu isnt rock solid but Ill know ill be serving Brawtwurst, Merguez, Italian, a "French Garlic" sausage, Spanish, Argentinian, Guatamalan, and Salvadorean Chorizo and probably a chicken apple . . . and maybe even(shudder) a tofu link . . .
Any thoughts on what beers to pair?
I'm not intimately familiar with all the sausages listed but I'd suggest the following pairings and order:
1) Tofu - Saison Dupont
2) Chicken-Apple - Marzen or Vienna Lager
3) Bratwurtz - Bock, Weizenbock, Marzen
4) Spanish, Argentinian, Guatamalan, and Salvadorean Chorizo - Dunkel, APA, AIPA
5) French Garlic - Belgian Strong Ale
6) Merguez - Belgian Strong Ale