Are Food Feuds (or Food Wars, depending what channel you watch) in Los Angeles?
- ipsedixit Oct 11, 2010 10:20 AM
If you watch Food Network, you'll know about Food Feuds with Michael Simon.
If you watch the Travel Channel, you'll know about Food Wars.
But the idea is the same, two local favorites battle it out for "The Best" or supremacy in that particular food genre.
Like, Pat and Geno's for the Philly Cheesesteak. Or Juniors and Eileens for the NY-Style Cheesecake. Etc.
Are there similar food feuds or wars in Los Angeles?
Here's my very truncated and limited list and my educated guess at what the hoi polloi would consider the winner in parentheses:
- Pastrami Sandwich: Langer's v. Canter's (winner: Langer's?)
- Xiao Long Bao: Din Tai Fung v. Dean Sin World (winner: Din Tai Fung?)
- Best high-end burger: Father's Office v. Foundry (winner: FO?)
- Dim Sum: Elite v. Sea Harbour (winner: __?)
- Fish Tacos: Best Fish Tacos Ensenada v. Tacos Baja Ensenada (winner: __?)
- Korean BBQ: Park's v. Soot Bull Jeep (winner: Park's?)
- Omakase (traditional edomae): Zo v. Mori (winner: Mori?)
Other food feuds or wars?
"- Fish Tacos: Best Fish Tacos Ensenada v. Tacos Baja Ensenada (winner: __?)"
Ricky's VS All
Taco Zone vs La Estrella
Fabs Vs Slaw Dogs
Santouka vs Daikokuya
327 E 1st St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
3760 S Centinela Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90066
Tacos Baja Ensenada
385 W Whittier Blvd, Montebello, CA 90640
La Estrella Restaurant
330 E Orange Grove Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91104
24601 Raymond Way Ste 1, Lake Forest, CA 92630
The Slaw Dogs
720 N Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA 91104