HOME > Chowhound > Chicago Area >
What's your latest food quest? Share your adventure

where's a good place in chicago i can get my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer repaired?

rebecca_f Oct 10, 2010 11:36 AM

so, yesterday i managed to damage my kitchenaid mixer while attempting to extrude some pasta for a dinner party. while it still runs, it makes a loud clicking noise that is definitely not normal. does anyone have a recommendation where i can take it to be repaired in chicago? thanks!

  1. Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Niki in Dayton Oct 11, 2010 06:05 AM

    I recommend you contact Kitchenaid, at Kitchenaid.com. The factory is located in Greenville OH, and they have outstanding customer service. My good friend contacted them when her mixer broke, and although her mixer was about 5 years old, they replaced it for free. At the least, I'm sure they could recommend somewhere in Chicago to have it repaired.

    1. f
      ferret Oct 11, 2010 06:58 AM


      Search under "Illinois."

      1. m
        masha Oct 13, 2010 03:33 PM

        Abt in Glenview states that they have repair services for all products that they sell, and they do sell KA mixers. You might call them. Here's their webpage on repairs: http://www.abt.com/custserv/abtRepSer...

        1 Reply
        1. re: masha
          rjka Nov 3, 2010 10:58 AM

          That statement is not exactly true on their part. They do not repair small appliances, only the major ones like stoves, washers, fridges etc. I called them last year on a small appliance and was told to refer to the mfr website.

        2. j
          juilletdix Nov 2, 2010 12:37 PM

          I did something similar to my KA stand mixer. Took it to Abesco,Inc (2200 Stonington Ave Suite 200, Hoffman Estates, IL 60195, Phone: 847-884-9595 - they are listed on the KA website).

          I think the repair took about a week and cost me around $50. Haven't had any further problems with my mixer.

          Show Hidden Posts