Recommendations for Two Business Dinners near JW Marriott Downtown
I need recommendations for the following two business dinners, hopefully within walking distance of the JW Marriott downtown:
1. Dinner for four at a restaurant with a relatively quiet atmosphere conducive to conversation. Budget? I'd like to stay under $300--less, if possible.
2. Dinner for 16. Not looking for a private room per se (every restaurant that I've called in the area has a food and beverage minimum for their private rooms that I just don't think we'll reach). Can be more casual, more fun ... more of a scene without being crazy loud. Budget? $1200 - 1500, if possible--and, again, I'm more than willing to consider less expensive options!
Thanks for whatever advice you can offer!
(1) Againn. They cater to business clientele. Good beer list, lots of meat, definitely less than $100/person, unless you get carried away with the Scotch list. Very conducive to conversation.
(2) Can it be middle eastern? Zaytinya does seating for that many, and apparently they do a special menu for groups that large that people seem to like. I have not been personally for this particular menu. The atmosphere is definitely festive. Or you take everyone to Fogo de Chao - definitely festive, $50/person, all the meat you can eat. Very corporate thing to do.
1. For this dinner I would consider Zola, Cafe du Parc, or 701...all within walking distance from your hotel.
2. There are a couple of different choices for this dinner.
-Bistro d'Oc--the upstairs area can fit 16 people. It's not necessarily a private room but you'll probably take up all the space up there. Not necessarily a scene but a great French bistro that can fit a group your size.
-Cafe Atlantico- You might be able to fit your group at a large table on the very top floor. We held my bf's birthday dinner up there 2 years ago with 13 people. Great nuevo latin food with delicious cocktails.
-Ceiba- More Nuevo Latin cuisine. Walking distance to the hotel with a number of large rooms.