Milan reco's from a Milanese
I'm traveling to Milan next week and my friend who is Italian gave me a list of places to go. She's got great taste, so I figured I'd share:
1. Tano passami l'olio (a bit gourmet, but my top selection in milan)
2. L'uccellina. It's nothing special, but very diverse and I love it...
3. Il montalcino - typical tuscany cuisine. A bit stiff and formal, but good food.
4. Pizza - The best is la piccola ischia, but is 10 mins away from duomo
5. Fish - Trattoria del pescatore - via vannucci
6. Steak - DOn Juan, a truly argentiean place, is very good
7. Garhet - typical milanese places where you find risotto etc. It's a bit far from duomo (10 mins by car) but I love the atmosphere etc.
Breakfast "bastianello"in san babila is top, also cova in via montenapoleone and sant'ambroeus in corso matteotti
afternoon break panzerotto "da luini" (It's a calzone)
sushi - Nami or Zero