Local place for lunch within walking of Kipling subway station
we will be coming in from the airport on the 192 rocket to Kipling station. We will have rollerboards and are looking for a nice, casual , local place to have lunch within walking distance of Kipling station. All types of food are ok.
Are you continuing on to a final destination past Kipling station or is that it? You may have more success in other parts of town, depending on what you're looking for. Around Kipling station, there are mostly chains. That being said, here are some suggestions.
- Apache burger: A lot of people swear by their burgers. Not my type of place, but it's definitely a popular spot.
- taste of Thailand: pretty good thai food and a decent lunch special. Haven't been in a while so don't know if it's still good.
- souvlaki hut: run of the mill greek food
- pho house: run of the mill "pan-asian"
- medium rare: this is not a restaurant, there is no seating. it is a butcher shop. while I haven't tried their prepared foods, if they're anything like the meat they sell, they should be enjoyable.
-bake sale: if you have a craving for a dessert that tastes like homemade, this is the place. Think lemon squares, cookies, etc.
If you're willing to walk about 20 min east along dundas (I have done this with luggage myself, but then I walk pretty much everywhere), there a re a few places. Paul and Sandy's bbq is pretty good. Oregano by Cirillo's is there too, it was just redone so I don't know what it's like but it seems nice.
That's all I can think of for now...