Bruschetta or Crostini Toppings . . . what are your favourites?
- Breadcrumbs Sep 9, 2010 01:01 PM
On garlic-rubbed, grilled bread my latest favourites are:
- roasted cherry or grape tomatoes with fresh basil and shaved parmesan
- fresh buffalo mozzarella pulled into small pieces and tossed w home made chilli oil and sea salt
- sauteed mixed, wild mushrooms, served warm w some cambrazola
- roasted pears with cambrazola (no garlic rubbed on these toasts)
What are your favourites?
I also enjoy grilled pita too with any, and all of the following dips or toppings
hummous, bhabha ganoush, tzitiki
white bean truffle dip
variety of roasted peppers - green, yellow and red with some balsamic and evo
shaved rare cold roast beef with parmesan, arugula and evo
gravlox, arugula and capers
hmmm, have to continue thinking......
The following on slices of plain toasted baguette or Italian bread crostini
Smoked gouda & pear with walnuts; return to oven just to partially melt cheese.
Thinly sliced fresh peaches topped with a salad of baby arugula dressed in balsamic reduction
Chunks of roasted eggplant, garlic & onion & topped with shaved parmesan
Oven crisp prosciutto, roasted asparagus, feta & lemon vinaigrette; return to oven to partially melt feta the drizzle the vinaigrette.