Telepan wine 50% off, UWS (69th plus or minus) restaurant observations on a Tuesday night
Stopped in at Telepan tonight for a glass of wine, sommelier was sitting at the bar, we chatted, he told me through 05SEP10 they're doing 50% any bottle on their list. Making room for what's next, or something like that.
So if you wanna try something that's normally our of your budget, swat while the bug is close.
Wandering the neighborhood tonight, around 8.30pm:
- Telepan was packed
- Vince and Eddies: packed with people waiting to get in
- La-Boite-En-Bois: dark, closed ... is Tuesday a night off or are they kaput?
- Il Vilonlino: empty, renovating or out of business? no sign on the door that I could see
- Emerald Inn: moderate, nothing special
- Cassis: moderate
- Cafe Rhonda, full
- Bin 71, full
- Lanksy's, busy
- Anything on 72nd b/w Broadway and Columbus ... take out busy but not eat in ... how do these places survive? Lime Leaf, Seven's Med Turkish, Ivy's, Penang, et. al. pizza, Soom Soom was busy
- Cafe Luxembourg, full, people outside waiting
- Compass: EMPTY ... crickets ...
- NoiDue Cafe: Kosher Italian, every night people lined up on the sidewalk waiting to get in
- Barcibo Enoteca: busy but not quite full
- Luce... after 8pm (and Lincoln Center Crowd) moderate to empty
- Dan Tempura ... always empty ... how do they stay in business?
- Nanoosh? not busy
72 W. 69th Street, New York, NY 10023
2012 Broadway, New York, NY 10023
200 W 70th St, New York, NY 10023
237 Columbus Ave, New York, NY 10023
205 Columbus Ave, New York, NY 10023
2020 Broadway, New York, NY 10023
128 W 72nd St, New York, NY 10023
166 W 72nd St, New York, NY 10023
Il Violino: Closed for vacation, I think the sign said till September 7th. They actually renovated a while ago. I've only dined there once, a few years ago. Decent enough meal, though I never returned. That said, the place does seem to generate a reasonably steady stream of business.
180 Columbus Ave, New York, NY 10023