Urbano Cafe questions
As I've never been to Urbano Cafe, I have some questions about it that I'm hoping I can get some feedback on.
1. Given this heat and the small space, does it get uncomfortably warm?
2. How dressy is it? Will wearing shorts make me persona non grata?
3. Am I going to look like a douchebag if I walk in carrying a collapsible cooler filled with beer and wine?
4. Do they honor the reservation time or should I expect to go across the street to The Dallasite and wait for them to call me.
5. Any good food recs would also be appreciated.
Scagnetti, I have been twice, once for lunch, once for dinner.
2. I don't recall seeing anyone in shorts, but this is a casual place. I don't think shorts will be a problem.
3.This place is BYOB, and everyone arrives carrying stuff. I carried three bottles of wine in an insulated tote.
4.They certainly honored our reservation, but we had an early dinner time. My feel was that they were not overbooking, and given the A/C situation, I don't think many will linger.
5. I can recommend the Bolognese pasta. The cooking level here is not high, just basically good. Nothing fancy. Mostly, it's just a fun BYOB spot.
My shot at the 5:
1. No. New AC installed this summer.
2. I have worn shorts here and many other places without an ill nod. Its hot outside.
3. The more the merrier. Invite me if you need a true estimation of the 'overboard factor'.
4. Some wait can be expected if during a busy time, and certainly Saturday evening. If you go to the Dallasite, say hello to Mary. She also barbacks at the Windmill.
5. pinotho speaks wise, but there are always board specials that are interesting and I almost always shoot for these.
I cannot stress enough that if you think you brought too much beer or wine, call on me for back up. If you are there for lunch and short a bottle, hope over to Jimmy's. If Spicer is open and there is a wait, you can open a bottle there and check out the latest condition of his garden.
1. It did last summer, but I've heard its much improved.
2. Cas or dressy is totally fine
3. Not at all!
4. Always honor RSVPs, but like everywhere else, sometimes have snafus. Of all the times I've gone (gosh - probably over 30), we've only waited for more than a few minutes once.
5. Reccs? Eek. Everything. The wrapped fig appetizer, the pear and cheese side dish, mac and cheese side, gouda grits side, scallop dish .. almost anything on the blackboard special. I've had very few meals I didn't love at Urbano and, like I said, we've been a lot.