Peter Luger, enough food?
Thinking of going there. for two, should i just order at lunch one of their Porterhouses for Two, medium or medium rare (and don't touch it with any of the steaksauce, which is only supposed to be used for their dreadful onion rolls) and a cheddar cheeseburger with fries, and an order of the german fried potatoes and tomato and onion salad, and dessert most likey the hot fudge sundae or the chocolate mousse, of course, which schlag, is this enough foood for two people? and to get a taste of the important stuff on the menu? oh, and also a bottle of older red bordeux to wash it all down.
Peter Luger Steak House
178 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY 11211
No need for the burger if you're getting steak for 2, even though the burger is delicious. I would definitely get the bacon appetizer as well. By the way, I love the rolls and only use the steak sauce for the tomato and onion.
1. The onion rolls are excellent.
2. Don't order it beyond medium rare, if it comes to rare you can lay the pieces on the edge of the plate for further cooking.
3. I prefer the french fries, cooked in beef tallow.
4. Instead of the burger, and I love that burger, start with the lamb chops.
5. You can never go wrong with their bacon.
6. I think they have the best key lime pie north of Joe's, I believe it is supplied by Steve's in Brooklyn.
7 I'm a beer guy and the ice cold Beck's suits me fine.
Dress comfortably in loose fitting clothing,try not to fall asleep on the car or train ride back to the city and don't make dinner plans. I ate there Thursday and it was awesome.
Usually go with larger groups, but we always order steak for 1 less person than are at the table. Steak for 4 easily feeds 5 people, though if it were 5 of me that might not be the case. I can't imagine why you would get the burger if you're getting the steak. You wont have room for it and it surely wont be better then the steak.
I agree with lamb chops rec, get 1 each for an app. Theyre ridiculous and often overlooked.