Favorite Food Smells?
- Glam Foodie Jul 5, 2010 04:07 PM
- The scent of a roasting chicken coated in olive oil and slowly sweetening garlic
- Lemon and white wine sauce
- Brown sugar cookies baking in the oven
- Freshly fried onion rings
- Farmer's market tomatoes that have a perfume no ordinary grocery store tomato could provide
What are yours?
So with you on all of these, especially the chicken and tomatoes.
- Grapefruit. I'm crazy for the stuff!
- Vanilla bean anything
- Coq au vin (I converted a poultry hater with the scent of it alone!)
- Homemade marinara sauce as it bubbles away on the stove
- Mongolian beef, the spicier the better
Movie theater popcorn
Red wine deglazing in a pan
Pickles on a burger (I hate pickles but love the way they smell!)
Thanksgiving turkey & fixings, esp. pumpkin pie
Sunday gravy with garlic simmering on the stove
but hands down, #1 is bread baking in the oven! Irrestible!