HOME > Chowhound > Chicago Area >
What are you cooking today? Share your food adventure

Baker's Dry Cottage Cheese?

Querencia Jun 20, 2010 07:06 PM

Has anyone seen Dry Cottage Cheese available anywhere? Years ago in Chicago I used to buy it under the name Baker's Dry Cottage Cheese. It is smooth and doesn't have separate curds. It's used in some German cheesecakes, rather than cream cheese. I can't find it anywhere now. So, baking professionals: what would happen if I substituted Farmer's Cheese?