I have bad news for you - the integral part of a koeksister is that it must be deep fried, and then dumped into a spice-laced cold syrup.
There are also rusks - like a South African version of a biscotti - and it is great to dip into coffee:
Whole wheat rusks
All-purpose flour 650 g (6 x 250 ml)
Baking powder 50 ml
Baking soda 10 ml
Salt 10 ml
Whole wheat flour 350 g (3 x 250 ml)
Weetabix or All Bran cereal 150 g
Butter 500 g
Milk or yogurt or buttermilk 500 ml
Sugar 400 g (500 ml)
Brown vinegar 10 ml
1. Pre-heat the oven to 2000C (4000F)
2. Grease 2-3 bread pans
3. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl
4. Add whole wheat flour and cereal and mix.
5. Rub butter into flour mixture.
6. Mix the eggs, sugar and vinegar and add to the flour mixture.
7. Fill bread pans 2/3
8. Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
9. De-pan and cool.
10. Cut in 2.5 cm squares and put on a baking tray
11. Dry overnight in a cool oven