London Broil Weeknight dinners?
I always see London Broils in the supermarket and it makes for a great inexpensive weeknight dinner. Can you please share with me your Marinade's, recipes, and cooking methods for simple weeknight dinners? Thanks in advance.
I usually start here, and alter depending on what's in my fridge:
1 beef flank steak (1 to 2 pounds)
1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
2 tablespoons red wine or red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1. Combine salad dressing, wine or wine vinegar, garlic and cooking oil in a bowl to make a marinade.
2. Make several shallow cuts on both sides of the steak. Place the meat in a baking dish.
3. Brush the steak with the marinade; be sure to coat both sides. Cover pan with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator and let marinate for 1 hour - more if you have the time.
4. Remove from refrigerator. Pour off excess marinade and let come to room temperature.
5. Preheat oven broiler (can also be done on a very hot grill). Place pan with steak approximately 3 inches from top heat. Cook approx. 5 to 6 minutes per side (to medium/medium rare doneness).
6. Cut steak on the bias into slices and serve.
Leftovers are great in fajitas, salads, used in french dip or just regular sandwiches and beef stroganoff. There are many uses. Enjoy.