Surprise 30th Birthday Party
I'm wondering if anyone can give me insight on where to throw a birthday party for my wife, who will turn 30 this September.
Here are my (fairly loose) requirements:
1. Must be within 30 minutes of NYC or Paramus area. Currently leaning towards Montclair.
2. Must have a hip/fun vibe to the place. No catering hall type places.
3. Doesn't have to be totally private, as long as we have a section cornered off for us.
4. Somewhere that can hold 30-50 people.
5. Good food is a must.
6. Hip/nice decor is a must. A restaurant that has good food but has dated decor well won't fly well with my otherwise dear wife.
7. Any price is OK, as long as I find the right place.
Someone initially suggested Cuban Pete's in Montclair, and I like that as a starting off point. Any other ideas would be welcome!
428 Bloomfield Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042
Chakra off Route 4 in Paramus
I attened a nice 30th birthday the Paramus Kiku for Hibatchi and Sushi.
You might have a hard time at Cuban Pete's with that sized group. They get so busy on weekends. We tried to go with as a group of 6 last friend and they told us the wait would be over an hour. Even if you were able to get them to set up section for you, the rest of restuarant would be filled up all around you.
There are 2 good Greek Restaurants that might work for Nisi in Eglewood and Axia in Tenafly.
Also Mama Mexico can be a lot of fun and a great choice for a party. It is in Englewood Cliffs just off the Palisades Parkway.
W 144 Rte 4 E, Paramus, NJ 07652
Diva Lounge in Montclair. Threw my husband a 40th party there--very fun, hip loungey vibe--great dj and cocktails and they were very helpful in planning it.
373 Bloomfield Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042