fresh garbanzo season
- Cynsa May 22, 2010 11:25 PM
-you can eat them raw; pop them from the shell into your mouth
- steam in shell, toss with lime juice and chile powder; shell and eat like edamame
- roast in skillet with small amount of oil until skin is charred; shell, toss with olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper and eat
- make humus with shelled beans
- toss shelled beans in salad with lemon juice and olive oil, feta, chopped red and green bell peppers, green onions...
Both Whole Foods (Telegraph Av in Berkeley) and Berkeley Bowl have them.
2020 Oregon St, Berkeley, CA 94703
In the last two weeks I've seen them at Berkeley Bowl West, Monterey Market and the 4th St Whole Foods. All around $2.99/#.
Love these things.
Berkeley Bowl West
920 Heinz Ave, Berkeley, CA
Mi Rancho Market on Roosevelt Ave. in Redwood City $2.98/lb today
Mi Rancho Supermarket
137 Roosevelt Ave, Redwood City, CA 94061