couple of meals in vancouver
I will be in Vancouver for a couple of days on business. I am staying at the Marriott Pinnacle and my meetings are up and down W. Georgia street. I really need some help deciding where to hit up for some meals. I love seafood, asian food (especially dim sum), street food, local/seasonal food and am really open to any ideas. I am travelling alone and am not particularly concerned with budget. I won't have a car.
I will have two lunch opportunities (can't take longer than 1-1.5 hours including travel time) and two dinners.
Right downtown for dim sum - Kirin on Alberni or Imperial on Burrard.
Seafood - Blue Water (dinner).
Street Food - Japadog.
Other Asian - Izakaya at Guu with Garlic, Hapa Izakaya, Kingyo, Zakkushi (all in the West End near Robson and Denman. Or Ramen at Santuoka, Motomachi Shokodu, Benkei, Kintaro (also in that area).
838 Thurlow St, Vancouver, BC V6E1W2, CA
871 Denman St, Vancouver, BC V6G2L9, CA
1479 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6G1C1, CA
1. Market in the Shangri-La on W. Georgia - They have a good value lunch deal where you choose 3 courses for $29. I especially like the prawn and avocado salad with champagne dressing.
2. Shanghai Chinese Bistro on Alberni, between Georgia and Robson - They have dim sum that you order from the menu for lunch. The mongolian beef and the eggplant tofu hotpot (both on the regular menu) are quite good.
3. Japa Dog several carts downtown - this will fulfill your street food request
1. Vij's (10 minutes from downtown by car max) - great Indian food. Some have called it the best indian in N America, but you will have to judge for yourself.
2. Blue Water in Yaletown (15 minute walk from your hotel) - excellent seafood find dining spot
3. C Restaurant (20 minute walk from your hotel) - excellent seafood / west coast fine dining spot
4. West Restaurant (10 minute drive from your hotel) - not sure how spendy you want to get, but great west coast fine dining
Not sure what else you might be into, but those are some of the more popular and well-known spots. If you're looking to get into more asian food like vietnamese or japanese, there are of course many many options. And if you're looking for something less "fine dining", you can check out one of the many places in gastown.
1480 11th Ave W, Vancouver, BC V6H1L1, CA
Shanghai Chinese Bistro
1124 Alberni St, Vancouver, BC V6E1A5, CA
Japa Dog Restaurant
530 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6B, CA
Miku is pretty close to the Marriott, if you're in the mood for sushi and don't want to walk more than a couple of blocks.
1055 West Hastings, Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9, CA