side dishes to go with Easter Ham?
- mschow Mar 31, 2010 09:19 PM
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a side dish to go with the spiral sliced ham and potatoes Au gratin my sister is making for Easter Sunday. Caveat: must appeal to 1 very picky 6 year old as well as two very picky and non-adventurous 70 year olds. Tall order, I know, but any suggestions??TIA
Corn pudding goes well with ham as does peas with mint, asparagus, marinated artichokes and fresh green beans almondine
Sigh.... broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce. If you must. My parents and my kids love it.
One of our family's traditional Easter sides is Baked Pineapple, a casserole of sorts that uses bread and canned pineapple. Honestly, it's not my cup of tea, but it is a big hit with others.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs, beaten
5 slices fresh white bread, crusts trimmed off and cubed
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, partially drained
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter with sugar. Add beaten eggs and beat all together.
3. Add in the salt, pineapple and bread (mixture will look curdled).
4. Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart ungreased casserole dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.