Last supper in the Bay Area … really – Chicken at Cafe Citti and tuna popsicles at Michoacana
- rworange Mar 11, 2010 01:52 AM
Tuesday - due to leave
- I thought my last bite in the Bay Area was the excellent Rotten City meatball sub
- My car died in front of La Bedaine ... could be worse places to break down. The car took it's 'non-operating' status seriously
- Truck all packed - turn on key - - uh, oh ... Something major cracked fixed Wednesday at 1
- Road food from La Bedaine became last minute eats as we rushed madly around Wednesday. New pate de compagne (very good) . Chocolate chip cookies excellent. Nice chocolate croissant
- Truck fixed ... better breaking down here than in Mexico
- Still madly rushing around ... eh ... stop and have a real last meal
- Glorious sunny ride to Sonoma ... the fields are green, trees in blossom. I glance back just after crossing the GG Bridge and see a picture perfect view of SF
- Cafe Citti - chicken very good, Pasta very good, house-baked bread with olive oil/vinegar very good. Potato salad ... skip
- Michoana tuna (cactus fruit) paleta - brlliant purple, has seeds, very good. Have a mango paletta for good measure
I close the computer now. Buh Bye ... adios
9047 Sonoma Hwy, Kenwood, CA 95452
That made me laugh out loud! Now planning trip to Quetzaltenango, BC (sister city of the one in Guatemala, natch). Just to let you know how much this non-resident reader of the SF Bay Area board will miss your delightful, insightful posts, rworange... come back soon and enjoy your adventures in the south.
I like that your last taste of Sonoma is La Michoacana's paleta. You can tell us how it compares to the ones you will enjoy in Mexico. ¡Buen viaje!
Michoacana Ice Cream
18495 Hwy 12, Sonoma, CA 95476
Que te vaya bien, and they do have computers in Mexico and beyond, so don't be a stranger! You will be missed.....