Restaurant for graduation - have specific requirements
I am looking for a restaurant to celebrate a graduation. These are the priorities (in no particular order):
- metro accessible (I do not have a car)
- most entrees in the 15-20 range
- no italian, but other cuisines are good (love greek and mexican especially)
- good for a group of 8
- a more "fun" ambiance --- no hate quiet / formal places
- nothing pretentious or particularly fancy (IE, foie gras, although delicious, probably shouldn't appear on the menu)
- graduate loves meat (skirt steak, carne asada, short ribs, etc)
The graduate loves the Cheesecake Factory, but I want something different for the special occasion.
Guajillo is a great choice on the Mexican side. On the Greek side, would you consider Zaytinya? It might skew a little pricey, but has a really fun atmosphere and doesn't necessarily have to cost a ton, and is great for groups with the sharing of the mezze. I wonder if they'd have group rates where you could order a bunch of things in advance to keep costs reasonable.
How about Mi Rancho Mexican restaurant in Silver Spring. I know it's in the burbs, but it's only a few blocks from the Silver Spring Metro stop. I always find the atmosphere there very festive. If the weather is nice, you can eat out on the covered patio. The food is well done classic Tex Mex cuisine and prices are reasonable.
Here's a link to their menu with prices.
Congrats and have fun.