Recipe ideas for two jars of raspberry jam
I'm open to anything. I just want to get rid of the stuff (and eat something tasty from it in the process).
Anything pastry or cookie-ish that you can fill with jam -- cakes (as a filling for layers), danish, jam tartlets, rugelach, etc.
Savories (I'd heat and strain for all these applications):
part of a glaze for duck or pork
with balsamic vinegar to make a gastrique-type sauce for any meat
as an ingredient in a vinaigrette
with caramelized onions and walnuts, poured over baked brie
I have started using preserves to sweeten my morning bowl of plain yogurt. I find the flavored stuff too sweet and I like the subtle flavor that a teaspoon on jam can make. Oh yeah and then I top it with home-made granola.
Or if you really just want to get rid of it, you can always send it to me. I eat jam out of the jar....
heat and strain and add to poaching liquid for poaching pears. then mix some with brandy to pour over pear.
i always add a tablespoon of jam to redeye gravy when i make ham steak.
adding to all of LauraGrace's excelent suggestions:
- heat, strain, and drizzle over yogurt, ice cream, crepes, polenta squares, pancakes, waffles or french toast
- stir into cottage cheese or ricotta, along with a dollop of almond butter or PB
- stir into oatmeal or hot cereal
- spread a layer each of jam, ricotta or low-fat cream cheese, and PB or almond butter on a whole wheat tortilla; fold up like a burrito or crepe, and saute in a pan for a few minutes on each side (or heat in a toaster oven) until warmed through. top with another drizzle of melted jam (or chocolate sauce!)
- raspberry jam tart (Epicurious has some good recipes)
- raspberry donuts