Dried-on-stuff glassware question
Not sure if this is the board for it, but here goes- is there a way to remove orange juice pulp that has welded itself onto glasses after being in the dishwasher? I feel like I'm trying to split the atom with MacGuyver-style tools here. What doesn't work:
Soaking the glasses in water overnight
Scraping at the glasses with dull knives or plastic spatulas
Re-washing them by hand in hot and/or cold water
Try using a denture cleaning tablet (or part of one), filling the glasses with warm water, add tablet, and let sit overnight. Denture tablets are great for removing all kinds of particles and stains, I use them to clean vases and the tank of my coffee maker. Hope this works for you.
Just a quick FYI:
Here's the beginning of the list of ingredients in a name brand dental tablet:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Sodium Carbonate Peroxide
Sodium Bicarbonate: Baking soda
Sodium Sulfate: filler material, also common in powdered detergents
Citric Acid: reacts with the bicarbonate to produce bubbles and break up the tablets to dissolve easier.
sodium carbonate peroxide: bleaching agent
In a nutshell, you don't need the fillers, bleach, antibacterial or bubble-making ingredients in denture tablets, just the baking soda. So if you run into the problem again, save a few bucks and use what you probably have on hand.