Guava Paste....what to do?
i agree it's great for crostini. it's also a nice topping for an almond biscotti.
try making a glaze for sweet potatoes- reduce some over heat with butter. bake sweet potatoes, then slice open, baste the tops and broil til golden and gooey.
try make oatmeal type bars, and make a crust, then spread with guava cubes, then sprinkle with more oat crumble, and bake.
Take puff pastry, bake two sheets, melt a bit of guava paste, then spread on one sheet of baked puff pastry sheet, then top with another sheet; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Guava Cake http://www.recipezaar.com/Guava-Cake-...
it's traditionally paired with cheese (everything from manchego to queso blanco to cream cheese) as a cracker or crostini topping.
- replace the fruit puree in a fruit muffin recipe with the guava paste
- mix into cheesecake filling/batter
- stir into Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or low-fat ricotta
- combine with goat or cream cheese as a filling for mini phyllo tarts
- use in place of preserves to glaze meat or fish (e.g. glazed pork tenderloin with guava instead of apricot)