Guava Paste....what to do?
Ive purchased Guava Paste from Mexico.
ingredients Guava Pulp and Sugar, some citric acid....
what does one do with this??
it's traditionally paired with cheese (everything from manchego to queso blanco to cream cheese) as a cracker or crostini topping.
- replace the fruit puree in a fruit muffin recipe with the guava paste
- mix into cheesecake filling/batter
- stir into Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or low-fat ricotta
- combine with goat or cream cheese as a filling for mini phyllo tarts
- use in place of preserves to glaze meat or fish (e.g. glazed pork tenderloin with guava instead of apricot)
i agree it's great for crostini. it's also a nice topping for an almond biscotti.
try making a glaze for sweet potatoes- reduce some over heat with butter. bake sweet potatoes, then slice open, baste the tops and broil til golden and gooey.
try make oatmeal type bars, and make a crust, then spread with guava cubes, then sprinkle with more oat crumble, and bake.
Take puff pastry, bake two sheets, melt a bit of guava paste, then spread on one sheet of baked puff pastry sheet, then top with another sheet; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Guava Cake http://www.recipezaar.com/Guava-Cake-...