Uglesich's is coming out of retirement for one weekend
They are going to be serving the famous Shrimp Uggie at the New Orleans Roadfood Festival on March 27-28.
Other highlights of the festival include:
- Louie Mueller's Texas barbecue and hot sausage
- Maine Diner seafood chowder
- Tucson Tamale Company hot tamales
- Tony Luke's Philadelphia cheese steaks
- Henpeck Market pimento cheese sandwich
- Cajun country boudin sausage from T-Boy's Slaughterhouse
- Middendof's Louisiana thin-sliced catfish
- Que Crawl Truck Cochon de lait po boy
- Bud Royer's Pecan Pie from the heart of Texas - a la mode
- Louisiana Meat Pies and Crawfish Pies from Lasyone's of Nachitoches
The full lineup can be found on the festival web site http://www.neworleansroadfoodfestival...
re: Crabby Clara
A couple of years ago, my wife and I were at Felix's and chatted up the shucker.
He introduced himself as Mike and indicated that he had been at Uglesich's until it closed. Looked in the Uggie cookbook and, sure enough, there was Mike. Got him to sign my Felix's t-shirt.
That said, can't say he's still at Felix's.
I went and everything I ate was good, but did I miss something--I don't recall seeing a few of these places represented (Tucson Tamale, Tony Luke's, Middendorf's)?