Dining Alone in Miami- Needs Rec's
Hello Florida Chowhounders.
I am coming into Miami for work Wednesday the 3rd and leaving Friday the 5th... I know.. right in the middle of a little thing called Super Bowl.. Anyway, this will be my first time in your city and need some help.
A little background on me: I live in Phoenix, Love most ethnic cuisines and have a adventurous palate. What I get a lot of in Phoenix is Mexican cuisine, Indian and Thai. What we obviously don't have being in a desert is an ocean, even though most restaurants fly in fresh daily, for me it's just not the same.
Love Sushi, Love Fish, Love Spice. What should I not miss? Looking for Dinner on Wed, and then Breakfast and substantial Lunch on Friday. Have Car, will travel, not looking to spend a fortune but not necessarily eating on the cheap(but sometimes those are the best places!)
Thanks for your help!
Since you titled this "Dining Alone in Miami", I will list places that have great food where you can also sit at the bar and keep to yourself or engage in some good conversation with the barkeeps and/or patrons:
- Michael's Genuine Food & Drink (Design District, "American cuisine" i.e. multiple influences, focusing on local fish and other local ingredients, my favorite bar in Miami)
- Sra Martinez (Design District, Spanish tapas, killer bar menu)
- Red Light (MiMo District, New Orleans cajun, fantastic seafood dishes, really laid back and affordable though you will definitely wait 30-60 minutes for your food depending on how crowded it is. Its worth it though)
- Jaguar (Coconut Grove, ceviche spoon bar and Latin American Grill, great vibe at this place and the ceviche spoons are terrific)
- Meat Market (Miami Beach, steakhouse that does some great seafood dishes as well, sexy restaurant atmosphere, a little pricey but definitely worth it)
- Ortanique (Coral Gables, "floribbean" cuisine)
I think you should do pretty good with those selections over 3 days. If I think of more, I'll repost. Enjoy your stay in Miami.
If I remember correctly, Bin No 18 has bar seating. It's a wine/cheese bar in a trendyish area. Service can be annoying but the food is very good and the wine list is excellent.
Bin Number 18
275 NE 18th St # 107, Miami, FL