Vegas Report: Rao's
Summary: Totally standard fare at prices that are unjustifiably high. They do have perfect service. But I’d still go to Enoteca San Marco for much better pasta at lower prices.
* When we said we were interested in multiple pastas, the waiter offered to bring half portions of 3 pastas for us. YAY waiter!
* Pasta was perfectly al dente
Would get again:
* Good olive bread in the bread basket
* Penne vodka - noteable, muti-layered flavor
* Peanut butter mousse with ganache is actually really good. Super light, nice balance of sweet with some chopped salty peanuts on top.
* Gnocchi - solid, but not noteworthy
* Veal with arugula, onion and tomato
* Apple tarte – my notes were “yeah, whatever. They should outsource these thru Payard, right across the way.”
3570 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89109
From what I understand, I'll never know. I work in NYC, and have even tried calling their reservations line once, but it's constantly busy. I understand that the tables are allocated at all times for regulars, so apparently even Bill Clinton needed to know one of the regulars in order to dine there!
That is correct. I'm surprised they didn't like the meatballs. What I had heard of Rao's was all about the meatballs and the lemon chicken. Can't remember what we started with but enjoyed the meatballs and particularly the lemon chicken. Server was very good and quite friendly. I thought the food was very good and all things considered, not pricey. I remember liking the room and thinking this is a meal that is more than the sum of its' parts.