Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > Manhattan >
Jan 6, 2010 08:54 AM

Where can I get a Gourmandise (chocolate and custard filled croissant) in NYC?

Hi all,

This is my first post, and as someone who regularly travels to London (my GF lives there) I have fallen in love with this pastry that the chain of cafe's called Paul makes. Its like a long rectangle made out of croissant like flakiness, and in the middle it has chocolate chips and custard. Where oh where can I find something like this in NYC? Has anyone come across it? Please help!



  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. I don't think it's exactly the same thing, but at Falai Panetteria on Clinton Street the chocolate croissants are filled with a chocolate custard rather than the typical chocolate found in pain du chocolat.