Las Vegas Dinner/Lunch Recommendations
I will be in Vegas 03/02 - 03/05 on business. I'm hoping that Southwest chowhounds will be able to give me some recommendations. I'm open to trying anything but Italian. Here are some things I love;
1) A good steak
2) Asian cuisine (Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, etc)
4) Sea food
I will be staying either at the Venetian or Mandalay Bay. I will have a car and I don't mind driving 20-30 miles to get a decent meal.
I would like to stay under $30 for dinner, under $15 for lunch and under $10 for breakfast but I don't mind spending extra for a good meal.
Thank you in advance!
Doesn't come under your price point, but I just had one of the greatest steaks of my life at Michael Mina's Stripsteak in the Mandalay Bay. The steak I had is not on the menu, you have to ask for it and they don't always have it. It is an Angus ribeye cap. They do have a Wagyu Ribeye Cap on the menu that is more expensive. I have tried that one as well and while it is delicious, I find that it is far too rich to eat a whole one. To me, the Angus tastes nearly as good, is a lot cheaper, and you can eat the whole thing. They give you complimentary, twice-fried in duckfat, french fries as well. They have an amazing selection of scotch, and I'm partial to their cesar salad.
I think pastries at Bouchon might qualify for breakfast, if you're a light breakfast eater. If you can do brunch instead of breakfast and lunch, you have a few other options open since you're combining the budgets.
Take a look at the Recession Specials threads as well. There are great deals to be had if your budget is before drinks and tips.
1. Dessy B's Steakhouse. It's not in the same league as Craftsteak or any Strip restaurant, but it's good eats.
1. Ellis Island Casino has a steak dinner special. ~$6:95.
1. Mr. Lucky's at the Hard Rock has a steak and shrimp special for $7.77.
2. Pin Kaow Thai Restaurant. http://www.pinkaowthai.com/
2. Ichiza. Think Japanese tapas.
3. Island Sushi. http://www.islandsushiandgrill.com/
3. Sushi On Rainbow.
4. Makino Seafood Buffet
5. Los Molcajetes. (search for reviews here in Chowhound)
With a car, you can meet almost any price frame.