HOME > Chowhound > Cookware >
What have you made lately?

Creme Brulee torch question

anakalia Dec 13, 2009 06:19 AM

Hi all,
I'm moving back to the US after a year in France, and I'm wondering what I should do with my creme brulee service I bought here. I actually never used it -- I never had time to go buy the fuel to fill it up, so I'm sure that it is "safe" to ship, since it's empty.

However, I'm wondering if I'll even be able to find the cartridge to fill it up in the States. Do you think they are possibly difference sizes or shapes than they are here in France, or is it not worth the effort to bother looking (it was pretty cheap so I don't really mind ditching it here).


  1. Eric in NJ Dec 13, 2009 06:51 AM

    Leave it and when you get here just go to a hardware store and buy a torch there for a few bucks. The tank will last years. And if you ever need to solder a pipe joint your all set.


    Show Hidden Posts