HOME > Chowhound > San Francisco Bay Area >
Do you create unique foods? Get great advice

Viking Professional range service/repair in SF?

carolineinthecity Dec 6, 2009 04:00 PM

My 15+ year old Viking oven is acting up; we smell gas when the oven is on. Is this something I need to get a "certified Viking service tech" to look at or will any licensed plumber do? I've read a Viking technician's service call costs $300! Also, any plumber you would recommend in San Francisco? TIA.

  1. c
    ctssfo Dec 6, 2009 04:13 PM

    i highly recommend calling:

    John Lee
    Lee's Appliance

    he's in brisbane... but, came to sf to fix my stove this year. he's prompt, fair, friendly, and fixed the problem immediately.

    2 Replies
    1. re: ctssfo
      carolineinthecity Dec 6, 2009 06:39 PM

      Thanks, ctssfo! I'll call them tomorrow morning.

      1. re: ctssfo
        carolineinthecity Dec 11, 2009 11:25 AM

        ctssfo, thanks again for the referral. John Lee came by this morning and fixed our oven and gave our stove an overall check-up. Nice guy; someone who know what he is doing and does things in the good, "old fashioned" way. :)

      2. farmersdaughter Dec 6, 2009 07:37 PM

        I've used Bay Area Appliance in San Mateo. They are good and seem to be charging a market rate for repairs. They don't repair all brands, but I believe Viking is one of the ones they service.

        Show Hidden Posts