HOME > Chowhound > Home Cooking >
What are you cooking today? Tell us about it

Australian Crackthins, Water Wheels recipe?

cynara Dec 5, 2009 02:02 PM

I love Australian Crackerthin crackers. They're kind of a cross between a Carr's table water cracker and a rice cracker. Thin, light, crisp. I've seen them sold under the name "Water Wheels" and also sometimes referred to as "wafers" and "crispbreads."

I'd like to try making them at home, but have no idea where to begin, as most recipes for crackers are of the traditional, flatbread variety, which are too heavy. I've looked online using the above keywords, but have not had any luck.

Any suggestions?