Birthday dinner in Manhattan would like suggestions
My parents are taking me out for dinner for my (28th) birthday a week from Monday. The dinner will be on the early side as I will have just flown in from Europe for a business trip and need to get up early and work the next day. Some thing to keep in mind:
- The meal must be meat. I eat dairy and fish and non-kosher restaurants so this isn't interesting for me.
- East side or below the park is better.
- My parents are used to excellent food and I don't want to bankrupt them either as they could care less about keeping kosher. The restaurant doesn't need to be fancy but I can more about the food than the decor.
- I have in mind Le Marais which is my favorite old stand-by or perhaps Tevere (I have been to their dairy restaurant and enjoyed it) so that should give you an idea of price range.
- If no one has an positive interesting recommendations I will probably just suggest the second avenue deli (I realize some people don't consider this kosher) as I don't want to waste their money and have them be disappointed.