Recommendations for large group dinner
I've been tasked with making reservations for a business dinner in approximately one month and am a bit stymied as places I would like to go are not going to work for the group. The parameters are:
-availability for a party of 20 on a Tuesday night
-budget is around $100/person
-cuisine: nothing "too ethnic" (not my words); Italian would be okay; if it's seafood, there should be several non-seafood options
-we will be staying near the convention center, but are willing to taxi somewhere
-good atmosphere, not too stuffy
A few options I've come up with are One Market, Town Hall and Perbacco. What am I missing?
Thanks so much for all of the recommendations! I thought One Market was going to work out, but then my group increased to 24 people. With this number, the restaurant required us to have a very limited menu (1 app, choice of 2 entrees, 1 dessert) and this won't work for my group. I encountered a similar situation in most places. I ended up booking us at Cafe Tiramisu on Belden Place. Thanks again for the suggestions.
One Market Restaurant
1 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
44 Belden Pl, San Francisco, CA 94104
28 Belden Place, San Francisco, CA 94104
2325 El Camino Real Ste 103, Santa Clara, CA 95050
We've planned a few customer group dinners in the same general area (Embarcadero/Financial District), and have tried the following places:
1. Perbacco (you can carry a conversation in the room, it's not nearly as loud as the main area, price fit within the $100/pp budget)
2. Globe Restaurant (mutiple options, but I believe there was a private dining area, safe choice)
3. One Market (don't remember if it's within price range)
4. Epic Roasthouse (less about the food, more about the atmosphere)
5. Waterbar (less about the food, more about the atmosphere, seafood-centric)
6. Kokkari Restaurant (borderline ethnic, room is away from the main area, might be too quiet)
I can recommend any of the first three, the last three are maybe's but could work - hope this helps!