Prix Fixe dinner deals in Manhattan ?
We had a wonderful meal at Telepan tonight that was an incredible deal: $39 for 3 courses (served until 6:30 Mon-Thurs). We are here from San Francisco and have a couple of other week nights and would love any suggestions for other deals like that. (We found this one by hapenstance by looking on their website and a web and Chow search did not turn up much.) It is a bit last minute, but we don't mind eating early and would rather spend the money on plays!
- Some of Jean George's restaurants offer a $38 prix fixe for dinner (Nougatine, Perry St., JoJo, Vong, Matsugen and Mercer Kitchen). They are also offering $26 lunch prix fixe.
- Hearth is offering an Autumn tasting menu (3 courses for $35). The tasting menu is 3 set items, no choices.
- Compass is offering a $35 3 course prix fixe
- Vice Versa offers a $35 3 course prix fixe, as does their sister restaurant, Etc. Etc.
- Eleven Madison Park offers a 2 course LUNCH prix fixe for $28
- Momofuku Ssam bar offers a 3 course LUNCH prix fixe for $25
Momofuku Noodle Bar is doing a 4 course dinner, but i don't quite remember how much it was... somewhere between $35 and $45
Perry St's three course $38 dinner prix fixe (Sunday-Friday, 5:30-6:00 PM and after 9:30 PM) and Picholine's Menu d'Economie (flight of 3 small plates for $20, regular-sized courses at $15 each) and are among the best dinner deals in NYC. Both serve much better food than Telepan IMO.