Twin Mountain and Portland End of October
- Matt H Sep 29, 2009 07:49 PM
We are spending a weekend end of October in Twin Mountain, NH and Portland, ME for the weekend. We are looking for the following:
- Saturday Lunch: Something casual in the area, we will have a vehicle so anywhere within decent driving distance would be acceptable.
- Saturday Dinner: If possible something more "dressy" and romantic. Main focus should be the food, but a nice mixture of food and atmosphere would be preferable.
- Sunday Brunch/Lunch: We are open to basically anywhere that is open for brunch and has amazing food. We have not had an opportunity to spend any time in Portland and have heard the selection of restaurants is great so the best Brunch/Lunch in the city would be our goal.
- Sunday Dinner: We will be walking around after lunch before heading back to Boston. Somewhere casual would be preferable.
Thank you in advance for all the help.
You can't go wrong with Caiola's brunch. 555 also does a great brunch; I haven't been there in a year or so, but it is pretty amazing.
For Sunday dinner, if you want really casual, hit Flatbread Co. on Commercial Street- great pizza, great beer -- it's a favorite of many Portlanders.
Thanks for the recommendation of Caiola's for Brunch/Lunch.
We arrive a little after 12pm and were able to snag a spot at the bar, we got there just in time because the line was out the door about 10 minutes after we sat down.
Started off with a Cilantro Stinger cocktail, which was perfectly crafted and excellent.
I ordered the Oyster Po' Boy and my wife the Burger. The Po Boy was excellent, perfectly fried and the bread was crispy and fresh. The Onion strings on the side were also great and light.
My wifes Burger from the bite I had and her reaction was incredible. Cooked perfectly medium and juicy.
Will definitely plan on going back next trip through Portland, very nice city as well.