Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > General Topics >
Sep 24, 2009 10:42 PM

Not parfait. What's the word?

What is the word for a layered dessert, in an individual glass -- but not parfait? My mind is a blank, and obviously I'm Googling the wrong terms. Thanks!

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
  1. Are you perhaps thinking of a trifle?

    2 Replies
    1. re: tonina_mdc

      Thanks for your reply. No, it's not trifle. It's an individual glass serving.

      1. re: nemo

        I give - good luck! But trifles are often prepared and served in individual glass dishes as well as in a large trifle dish.

    2. What are the layers made of?

      Trifle is cake, custard, and fruit or jam, fool is whipped cream and crushed fruit.

          1. Similar to this recipe on Chocolate & Zucchini?
            Clotilde doesn't give it a name except to call it a layered dessert... I'd think trifle or parfait myself. A dacquoise is also layered ... but never served in a glass.

            Sorry I haven't been any help... let us know if you finally figure it out - I'm curious :)