Help Feed My Cravings Please!!!
Ok, I am on the Master Cleanse and therefore cannot eat until Sept. 9th. Since I began, I have created a list of foods that I've been craving. I will most likely be cooking these myself, but I thought I would give this a shot in case anyone recommends one of these at any restaurants around Austin.
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Pumpkin ravioli with butter sage sauce
- Super spicy Japanese noodle soup (like on Man V Food)
- Muscles and Clams (like a pasta vengole of sorts, or plain in a bowl with garlic)
- Spinach stuffed tomatoes
- Any sort of fish (halibut, snapper, salmon, you name it)
- Turkey Burger
- Shrimp Scampy
- Anything involving a plethora of steamed crabs
- Lamb Shwarma
P.S. Also, keep in mind that I am a college student and therefore do not have the largest wallet. =)
Thanks for the help!
La Traviata on Congress has an amazing Carbonara.
Also on South Congress, Enoteca does a very good moules frites.
For a lot of the other things, I would just suggest making them to stay on your budget. I haven't found a jambalaya that can compare to my mom's so I just make it at home.
While I have yet to make it in, Sagra (I've had good cocktails and pizza there) right by campus has all you can eat mussels on Tuesdays for around $14 (check their website for details). No clams, but maybe the quantity of mussels would suffice.