Finger foods for 9 year old birthday party
We are throwing a birthday party for my 9 yr old daughter with a DJ in the backyard in Oct. The girls will be busy dancing so we don't want to take time out for everyone to sit down and eat the usual pizza. Thought maybe 'passed finger foods" would work...and after they've made their way around, they can be set out for when the girls take a break. Definite request for pigs in a blanket, but any other fun ideas? Some can be hot but hoping for one or two things that will be okay if they sit for a while.
- set up a little make-your-own slider bar with various toppings & condiments and different types of burgers (beef, chicken, turkey, salmon, pork, veggie...)
- a variety of skewers or meatballs (again, chicken, beef, veggie, shrimp...) with different dipping sauces.
- deviled eggs with various fillings
- crostini - the possibilities for toppings are pretty much endless here
- spring rolls or shu mai with dipping sauces
- mini tamales (though they'd probably want to sit down to eat them)
- stuffed cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms
- mini crab cakes
- buffalo chicken tenders with blue cheese dip
- frittata bites
that should get you started...
Know exactly what you mean... I have 2 birthday parties to throw next month for my soon to be 8 & 6 y.o. boys!!
In the past, I've done:
fruit kebabs, dinosaur chicken nuggets (it was a theme) peanut butter & banana sandwiches cut into stacks, turkey sandwich roll-ups, and for the adults, chicken sausage & pepper kebabs and a muffuletta pressed sandwich, can be made ahead and use any fillings you want. And can't forget, cupcakes! Have fun!
Fish sticks, chicken nuggets, peanut butter stuffed into anything that will hold it (but probably not inside a vegetable) and lots of napkins.
Freshly baked bread sticks with a variety of dipping sauces.
Corn Dog Pie
2-6 hot dogs
1 pkg jully Corn Bread Mix
Cut hotdogs into kid sized pieces and put them in the bottom of a pie pan. Make up the Jiffy Mix according to package directions. Por mix over hotdogs until they're covered. Bake pretty much to package directions until Golden and a knife not stuck in hot dog comes out clean...
When I was 9 years old, I liked Snickers, Milky Ways, Three Musketeers, and Hershey Bars with almonds. So a bowl full of the Fun Size ones.