Looking for a "supperclub" type of restaurant
I am looking for recommedations on a restaurant where a party of 30-35 age group can have dinner and stay for dancing afterwards. Alleycatz (Yonge & Eglinton) and Marlowe (Richmond Hill) were a couple of suggestions. No preference in location right now. Thanks in advance.
- I think Marben gets club-y-er after dinner.
- If your budget is liberal the Fifth is gorgeous and you can head downstairs to the club after dinner.
- The Drake might work too (you can check their entertainment calendar to see what's happening).
- If the priority is club and not supper then Spice Route might fit the bill (despite some hideous reviews re: service)
- maybe Ultra Supper club (again, you'd have to check their entertainment listings)
I'd second The Fifth. Really classy up top, fun tunes downstairs. Food can be good.
There's also Maro (I've never been) and Brant House (food is negligible and they'll chase you off the tables at 11 to clear the dance floor).
http://www.foodpr0n.com/ -- food. is. love.
221 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5V1W2, CA
The Drake Hotel
1150 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M6J, CA
135 Liberty St, Toronto, ON M6K1A7, CA
522 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V1L7, CA
499 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4, CA
I went to ALLEYCATZ last year for a friend's birthday, not expecting much, but it was suprisingly good! I ordered a caesar salad with steak, and the steak was actually cooked the way I had asked them to cook it! We stayed after to dance, and the music was a lot of fun! It's a great place to lounge!
As for MARLOWE, my friends and I have sworn never to return. Service was not great and food was overpriced (and didn't particularly taste good). They also charged a cake cutting fee, something that was not communicated to us until they slapped us a bill for $30+ on our <$30 cake. We had called ahead to let them know of the surprise cake, but neither the person on the phone, nor the waitress who took our cake told us about the fee.