Hi, Im in town for a few days and staying in Lakeview. I am looking for great things within walking distance. Especially bakeries, grocers, and cheap ethnic snacks. Any ideas?
- House of Fine Chocolate
- The Bagel - not a bakery...but great bagel and a fun stop
There really aren't any expensive ones in the area, but there is a new Whole Foods on Halsted south of Addison and a Treasure Island on Broadway north of Addison
General Inexpensive options:
- Ann Sathers - Swedish, classic Chicago venue, amazing cinnamon rolls
- Thai Classic or Joy's - BYOB thai spots
- Mama Desta's Red Sea - BYOB Ethiopian restaurant
- Wally & Agador's - fancy sandwichs (approx $9), but really good
Hope this helps!