Registry Wish List
- makelifeinteresting Aug 3, 2009 10:14 AM
My fiance and I have lived in our house for 3 years. Not to mention our years outside of our parents home, I will say that we have all the basics for a cooking kitchen. It's getting time to upgrade by registering.
There are some things I still haven't bought myself: the Kitchenaide Standup Mixer (which is my #1 WANT), a food processor, a decent microwave and blender, cast iron skillet, decent pots (I have some from Ikea! Blasphamy!), and knives that cut more than my fingers (my current set is also from Ikea. I'm not proud). Makes, models, and accessories suggestions for these items please!
What fancy gadgets, knives, pots/pans, baking sheets, utensils, plug-in appliances should I be asking my dear friends and family to purchase for us to make our home kitchen more than just a start-up kitchen?
What are some items that you would like to upgrade in your kitchen?
- in terms of large appliances, i love my Cuisinart Stand Mixer and Kitchen Aid Food Processor. and if you have someone who's feeling *really* generous and flush with cash, you could always try for the GE Advantium microwave!
- for a lender, it depends on what you use it for. you can't realy beat a Vita-Mix for sheer power, but it's huge & unnecessary of you don't use it a lot.
- definitely add a stick/hand blender to the list (you can search this board to read the various recs).
- #1 on my personal wish list right now is a selection of good Japanese knives.
congrats on the upcoming nuptials!
I'm sure you'll get plenty of good suggestions for knives, applicances, etc. Here are two items that fit in the budget for not-too-over-the-top gifts: a Thermapen instant read thermometer (about $90), and a NuTemp NU-701 Wireless Remote Thermometer (about $60). (The Thermapen isn't designed to stay in the food during cooking, the Nu Temp is).
PS: And a set of Silpat silicone sheets! And a Williams-Sonoma GoldTouch Half Sheet Pan (not just for baking -- Roasting is better because the low sides don't block the heat).
makelifeinteresting, A Cona size D. http://sweetmarias.com/prod.brewers.v...
1. It will brew a better cup of non-espresso coffee better than any other device in the world.
2. It will give you some together time, as brewing in a Cona is hands-on.
3. It is a sure-fire conversation piece when you entertain at home and make after-dinner coffee at the table.