cinnamon basil ?
I could broaden my horizons with its use as well.
- We use it for caprese on ciabatta (tomatoes, fresh mozz, basil, olive oil).
- I sometimes throw a little in salads, too.
- It's tasty on a straight up tomato sandwich with mayo.
- Am sure it makes a delicious pesto. Here is a recipe for cilantro pesto I've made. You can use as a base and swap basil for the cilantro
My modifications to the above recipe:
- walnuts instead of almonds
-Pecorino Romano instead of parmesan (ALWAYS in this house!
)-salt to taste--just a few grinds of the shaker--1 teaspoon would be WAY too much
Will be interested to hear what other posters are doing with it. Probably something in the Thai food realm.
How's this for horizon-broadening? I found a very interesting recipe for cinnamon basil ICE CREAM on a blog from a Seattle Times food writer. If I have vanilla beans in the cupboard, it's game on today! If anyone beats me to the ice cream maker, please post back!