Psst... We're working on the next generation of Chowhound! View >
HOME > Chowhound > General Topics >
Jul 14, 2009 08:22 PM

ice cream "ball"

When I was a kid I had a plastic ball shaped thing that opened up and you put ice cream in it. One end of it fit into a soda bottle and you drank the soda through the other end - in other words, the soda went through the ice cream on its way to your mouth. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

  1. Click to Upload a photo (10 MB limit)
    1. re: fmed

      thanks for the reply. It's similar, and since last night I found it - it's called the fiz-nik and it came out in the 60's - the same time as sput-nik!

    2. Absoultly, I'be been looking for one of those for a long time. We all had one when we were kids, they didn't last long as a product. I would love to hear where I could find one, or if they still make them..

      1. I can't believe I finally found someone else who knows what I'm talking about!!!! Seems no one else i spoke to remembered except my sister and myself!!! I'm sooo happy to finally find out what it was called, and that there are others who remember it!!!! thank you thank you thank you!! bonnie

        1. I do!! We used it with Nesbitt's orange pop.