Columbus, OH - Indian Food; Pies; Smoothies; Cocktails
Hey Midwest Hounds!
Brooklyn-area chow lover relocating to the Midwest for grad school here. I'm gonna be coming through the fine city of Columbus in August for one night only on my way to Missouri, and would love to sample the best the city has to offer.
Here are some things I am into discovering:
- the city's best french fries
- some good, spicy Indian food (not interested in good ambiance - my favorite Indian food in NYC is a cheap takeout place that serves food on paper plates)
- any bakery that makes fresh pies I can take to go (particularly raspberry or key lime)
- the place with the best artisanal cocktails - especially love spicy cocktails
- any place that serves wack gelato/ice cream flavors (red bean, mango habanero, olive oil, or anything containing lime/cilantro)
- smoothie places (Is Inta Juice the best, or is there another I should know about?)
Okay, that's probably enough for one night of chow. Note these are just guidelines for what I'd like to sample. But if your city makes really fantastic, I don't know, tamales, I want to know about that too. Basically, I'd just love to hear what people consider the best. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear 'em - thanks so much!!
We live in Brooklyn but travel to the Midwest to visit family-in fact, we're stopping in Columbus in a few weeks for the night.
I'll second North Market-it's a great spot.
You might want to check out Rigsby's Kitchen nearby-we were pretty impressed with lunch there last Christmas, and it's got a nice vibe-