Best inexpensive Syrah?
- bbbron Jul 8, 2009 12:44 PM
I checked the archives and there's not a whole lot on this specific varietal. Any recommendations for inexpensive Syrah that can be readily had at Trader Joe's or BevMo?
Cline is usually a good bet for a solid California Syrah in the $10 range. we're not blessed with a wine section at my local TJ's so i don't know if they carry it, but BevMo does.
Here's a bunch of widely available producers selling good, inexpensive syrahs: Eberle, Kendall-Jackson, Valley of the Moon, Mahoney, Ventana, Church & State, J. Lohr, Gloria Ferrer, Concannon, Frey, Liberty School
For a lot more names, check out the results from last year's SF International Wine Competition (sorted by varietal) here: http://www.sfwinecomp.com/pdfs/Result...
A quick look at BevMo's website...
- Qupe Syrah Bien Nacido Vineyard '06 (750 ML)
Regular Price: $27.99 ClubBev: $22.99
- Beckmen Vineyards Syrah (750 ML)
- Torbreck Shiraz Woodcutters '07 (750 ML)
- Mitolo Shiraz Jester '06 (750 ML)
- Qupe Syrah Central Coast '07 (750 ML)
Regular Price: $17.99 ClubBev: $11.99
- Woop Woop Shiraz '07 (750 ML)
- Jacob's Creek Reserve Shiraz '06 (750 ML)
Regular Price: $13.99 ClubBev: $9.99
Columbia Crest Shiraz Grand Estates '06 (750 ML)
Regular Price: $10.99 ClubBev: $8.99