Staying at the Sofitel on 15th ST-walking...
I'll be in downtown DC for the very first time in August-can't wait! I'd like to ask 3 questions :
1. I'll be walking mostly, is there anything food wise that I should not miss- close vicinity (I'm praying the humidity won't be too brutal!)
2. Which Jose Andes restaurant should I make a reservation too??
3. Has Murky Coffee opened yet downtown yet?
I plan to make dinner reservations to: City Zen, BLT Steak, Komi, Rasika and ?. If i have time I'd love to visit Cork, Commonwealth, and Good Stuff Eatery as well.
Thank you for all your help!
other great (expensive) dinners walkable to you at olives, equinox, oval room
weekday lunches walkable to you:
• Teaism for lunch, tea, light, cheap meals.
• greek deli 19th and M — awesome avgolemno soup, bread, gyros
• korean cart at vermont and k street (there's also one at 14th and L if the vermont/k one isn't out when you're here)
• proof, in my book, is a must-try, especially if you like wine. and the food is fantastic.
• commonwealth is good but, to me, nothing special
• skip good stuff and go to ray's hellburgeres
• rasika is great, not my favorite but still an interesting and unique experience